Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Perfect French

The french manicure is the most popular request at nail salons.And I have one question:
Why pay someone $25+ when you can do it yourself?
I know sometimes its nice to just have someone else do it, but the method i'm  about to show you is fool-proof! I can whip out a french in 5 minutes just by using 2 things I already owned, a make-up brush and acetone. 

Step one: 
Start with clean nails free of polish. Paint the top third of your nails white with short strokes until the nail is covered. 

Step two:
Take an angled eye shadow/liner brush, dip the brush in a cap full of 100% pure acetone. Using side-to side strokes start and the rough end of the polish and work your way up until you have the shape and thickness desired. 


Strep three: 
Finish with your choice of nude or clear top coat. I did 3 different options to show you the difference. All three polishes I used were Essie, and I labeled the picture with which ones which!
Try it out and let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment